My only regret is that
I didn’t tell enough people
to fuck off.
- To mixed people who only look like one of their races
- To mixed people who look ‘ambiguous’ ‘exotic’ ‘unique’ and get both fetishized and treated badly for it
- To mixed people whose identities are ‘too confusing’
- To mixed people whose identities get ignored
- To mixed people whose identities are questioned
- To mixed people who are told ‘they aren’t really ___’
- To mixed people who have mixed hair and mixed skin and can’t find cosmetic care products for themselves
- To mixed people who are victims of multiple types of racism
- To mixed people who can’t fit in with the parts of their family
- To mixed people who only have connections to one of their races
- To mixed people who are too ‘___’ or not ‘___’ enough
- To mixed people who aren’t white, but can pass for white.
- To white mixed people who are white passing, and have to decide between having their identity erased or having to deal with more racism
- To white mixed people who aren’t white passing, and don’t get the choice.
- To white mixed people who aren’t white passing, but their siblings are
- To mixed people who have to deal with prejudice from their own family, white or not. (anti-blackness, fetishism, colorism)
- To transracial adopted mixed people who have never known any of their family
- To mixed people who have to figure out their identities by themselves
To mixed people who have to deal with so much shit. You are strong, you are beautiful, and you are valid.
For mixed people everywhere, stand in solidarity with each other. While we have similar experiences, not everyone has the same experience, or relationship with their race. Be aware of whatever privileges you have. Listen to others and always help one another.
thank you, i needed this
All you idiotfuckers out there better go out and vote. ESPECIALLY IF YOU CARE ABOUT WOMENS RIGHTS OR POC RIGHTS. Right now there’s a 2/3rds chance that the Republican Party will take the senate and the dying political party CAN AND WILL Make huge blows to the rights of women, POC, youth, LGBT, and working class. SO VOTE DEMOCRAT (I’m not a democrat, but im voting democrat this election anyway)
I don’t care if you think voting is stupid or anti anti authoritarian and holds us down. If the republican party takes control of the senate, our social rights are at major risk.